*This class requires knowledge or experience in the following:
- Safety Protocol
- Measurement System and Machine Tool Math
- Semi-Precision Measurement, Precision Measurement
- Quality Assurance, Process Planning and Quality Control
- Metal Composition and Classification
- Heat Treatment of Metals
- Maintenance Lubrication and Cutting Fluids
- Understand Drawings
- Understanding Layouts
- Hand Tools
- Saws and Cutoff Machines
- Drill Press
- Tools, Toolholding and Workholding for Drill Press
- Drill Press Operation
If you do not have knowledge of the above items, please register for our Machining Session starting January 11th, 2021.
This program prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to operate Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine tools including lathes, mills, precision measuring tools, and related attachments and accessories in order to perform machining functions such as cutting, drilling, shaping, and finishing products and component parts.
Session 3 - CNC
1. NIMS Certification - CNC Lathe Programming, Setup & Operations
2. NIMS Certification - CNC Mill Programming, Setup & Operations
3. NIMS Certification - CNC Lathe II
4. NIMS Certification - CNC Mill II
Classes are held every Tuesday & Thursday from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Please call for more information.