Adult Pre-Apprenticeship Program Day Classes
The AmSkills Adult Pre-Apprentice Program is designed to replicate a real-work environment with 80% hands-on training. Pre-Apprentices must clock-in and out, meet attendance goals, participate in team building exercises and complete hands-on projects.
The Pre-Apprenticeship Program allows students to learn foundational skills needed in the Advanced Manufacturing industry and to “explore” the top local career tracks needed including Machinist (CNC), Tool & Die Maker, Mechatronics, Electronics and Industrial Maintenance. Based on their interest, skill level and instructor assessments, adults and veterans who successfully complete the pre-apprenticeship program have the opportunity for job placement within four to six months.
Hands-On Skills Training “Pre-Apprenticeship” (400 Hours)
- Apprentice Candidates explore three AmSkills Apprenticeship tracks
- 80% Practical Hands-On Projects / 20% Theoretical
- Tours of local manufacturers to assist in Career Track Decision
- Competency skills tests on technical and soft skills
Foundational Skills include:
- Basic Tools
- Standard & Metric
- Intro to Career Tracks
- Manufacturer Tours
- Manual Lathe & Mill
- Intro to Welding
- Fabrication & Assembly
- 3D Printing Design & Build
- Projects in Electronics, Pneumatics & Hydraulics
- Preparing for Job Interview: Create Your Resume, Interviewing Skills, Mock Interviews
- Soft Skills: Teamwork, Presentation Skills, Ethics in the Workplace, Time Clock Tracking
Cost is $2092.00 for 13 weeks. All materials for class are included in price.