Why should an American manufacturing company want to invest in an apprenticeship training program?
Three key reasons your company should team with AMskills:
- Tailored training programs mean skilled, high quality and loyal employees who are prepared for a long-term career
- Saved recruiting and liability costs thanks to effective screening, pooled training resources -- with apprenticeships occurring at training centers, rather than on company premises
- Heightened corporate image, through long-term investment in American manufacturing workforce
Germany knows well the benefits vocational apprenticeships deliver. For decades, the German Mittelstand (the equivalent of the America’s Small-to-Medium Enterprises) has enjoyed robust growth even during a period of financial crisis. The Mittelstand contributes some 52% of the value added to the German economy, and employs a quarter of the nation’s employees.
- 54% of Germany’s Mittelstand (SMEs), which employ 83.2% of the nation’s apprenticeship trainees, launched an innovation between 2008-2010
- Germany’s Mittelstand boasts almost four times as many world market leaders than the USA (1307 to 366)
- “The nation’s vocational training system is regarded as a model all round the world because it guarantees a high quality of training and helps to meet the growing demand for skilled labour in Germany.” -- Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology
When you invest in training, you are not just investing in your company’s short, medium and long-term workforce needs. You are also investing in America’s advanced manufacturing future and your local economy. America is experiencing a vast skills shortage yet has a high youth unemployment rate of 12.2% (Jan, 2015). Apprenticeship programs open manufacturing companies to effectively screened candidates, and a steady influx of highly trained professionals, with reduced cost thanks to the pooled recruitment resources.
AMskills executive staff are ready to answer your questions and to hear more about your company’s training needs. Contact us today to start a conversation. Or Register with us, and we will get in touch with you.
German American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest, Inc.
Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology.